I’m taking a break from all the blood and gore of Forensics for a brief sojourn into literature courtesy of The Great Courses “Life and Writings of CS Lewis” which is a fascinating (if mind-bending) philosophical lecture series about the author of The Chronicles of Narnia.
Starting with… the first five things you probably didn’t know about CS Lewis:
- “CS” stands for Clive Staples Lewis, but he demanded to be called Jack.
- He was born in 1898 in Belfast
- He donated more than half of his writing income to charity
- Despite being born in Belfast, he was raised an atheist, but he became a Christian as an adult after examining all religions for the one closest to his own beliefs. Then he became a fierce proponent of the faith.
- He was (officially) addicted to tea